Thursday, April 05, 2007

Proust in comic Form?

From a blog:

Proust Adaptation Wins Literary Award

I'm on super-shaky ground with any story that makes me try to understand French, contextualize French literary awards and remember what little I know about Marcel Proust, but ActuaBD.com notes that Stephane's Heuet's adaptation into comics form of the Swann in Love portion of the Swann's Way portion of Remembrances of Things Past, which I believe is Heuet's fourth volume in the series, has won a general arts award. The prize in question is the Prix des excrivains du Sud and it's given to a work in any art form, this being the first time it's gone to a work in comics form. I don't have any basis to know if this is important or trivial, but I thought it worth a mention. NBM was publishing the English-language version of this series, last I knew. posted 6:02 am PST Permalink

This is the link this came from: scan for
http://www.comicsreporter.com/index.php/site/proust_adaptation_wins_literary_award/

No comments: