Friday, August 24, 2007

At Long Last, Albertine

We finally meet Albertine, one of the little band who will become a very important person in the narrator's life. He teased and teased and teased until. . . finally it was her, the girl with a name.
Balbec in summertime appears to be an interesting place. Now I think of the south of France and divas emoting on the docks of St. Tropez or campers cheek by jowl along the coast in those really really crowded camping grounds. Nice is nice. The signs for the doggy potties are so cool.

I wonder what Biarritz is like. And then one thinks of Mr. Hulot's Holiday. There's plenty of room for everything and everyone in French summer vacations. Vive Les Vacances!

Odette

2 comments:

Paul Martin said...

hey,

I've loved this book and I can tell you Biarritz is a wonderful place to spend a few days. I rented a very nice apartment near the sea and I really recommend everyone to go and visit this webpage and see the amazing offers they have!

Enjoy Biarritz!

Paul Martin said...

I forgot to put the link sorry ;-)

Here you go guys:

http://www.oh-holidays.com/fr/france/biarritz/location-appartements_1/

cheers