Thursday, June 10, 2010

Reading Proust for Fun

Amazing how many readers are blogging Proust.  It almost beats Cat Blog Friday.  


 Here is another blogger.  http://readproust.blogspot.com/


I am still plodding through Sodom and Gomorrah, and not at warp speed, either.  Many irons in the fire.  Planted the garden, trying to finish my novel, getting ready for house guests, toastmasters speeches, yada, yada.  I realized the other day how moth eaten my volume looks.  Maybe it's time to invest in a new book. 

Off to watch Treme, the Mardi Gras episode.   I think Marcel would have liked Mardi Gras.  I can just see him, all bundled up, wandering the city of New Orleans, having a drink here and there, and listening to the music, examining the costumes, pondering the meanings, his lips curved in a faint smile.   Later he would write it all down. 








Odette

No comments: