Wednesday, May 07, 2008

One of These Days


Hawthorne's from Wikipedia: aren't they lovely?

I have been so negligent, so lah-di-dah, so really bad about my Proust reading. It began when I went to Florida end of February and I'm still in a non-reading state. Leaving for Northern Nevada tomorrow, and don't want to carry the heavy volume on the plane. There is also the fact that I'm not that far from the final passages of volume 2, and it's not a book I would want to leave behind. Just can't bring myself to schlepp Proust.

New blog ideas: Schlepping Proust to Nevada; Leaving Proust on the Nightstand; My Nights Without Proust,The Absence of Proust.

Dunno. I need to get back into it. Proust seems to require a soupcon of leisure and quiet-mindedness which I haven't had. Maybe soon.

Damn! And I just know the hawthornes are in bloom somewhere.


Odette

No comments: