Saturday, September 22, 2007

Albertine Asleep

Orange Crate Art has another interesting post this week.

http://mleddy.blogspot.com/2007/09/proust-and-possession-continued.html

I remember the Sleeping Albertine scene in all its obsessiveness.

For a few weeks, due to travel and obligations, I have put the great tome down on my nightstand and taken up "lighter" reading, although I don't know how light The Poisonwood Bible is. Not very. I need a kick in the pants to get going again.

We entertained last night, but the Duchesse Guermantes reception it wasn't. This is, after all, Foxborough, and maybe Manchester-by-the-Sea would be grand enough for the Duchesse. Come to think of it, Boston wouldn't be her cup of tea, and the famous Guermantes wit would be lost on us.

Alas, alas,

Odette

No comments: